Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Well, “alleged” engine issues. I think some actual data and analysis would put some of the rumors to bed. Extra content never hurts
What engine issues are you referring to? I've heard of one with a bunch of questions around it.

Everybody says spark plugs are junk and have misfire issues too.... and mine has zero.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #1,082
It took 10,000 miles for the wear metals (mainly copper) to wash out of the Redeye engine I had in the old car.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
It took 10,000 miles for the wear metals (mainly copper) to wash out of the Redeye engine I had in the old car.
That sounds about right. Blackstone Commented on a UOA I sent in at 5k one of my cars that sending in before 7500 isnt really worth it because of all the wear metals. They recommended to wait until 10,000 when its all mostly washed out.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Sending the first one is kinda pointless.
What do you mean? Sending the first oil sample in for testing has value in giving you peace of mind in case there was an issue like suspiciously high metal values now (assembly line defect). Or the reassurance that it is just break in materials and additives. To me, for $35, it was worth the cost.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #1,085
All the metals are going to show high on a first oil change at 1,000 miles. Not gonna tell ya much.