Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AC still not working after 4 weeks at dealership!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT
--

Hi all,

I’m reaching out to see if anyone here has experienced similar issues with their 2023 Dodge Durango SRT. About a month ago, my AC stopped working, and since then, my car has been at the dealership for 4 straight weeks. Despite several attempts to fix it—including multiple calls to engineers and replacing the compressor—it's still not blowing cold air as it should.

I’ve heard about the option to lemon the car under California law, but the truth is, I really love my Durango and would prefer to keep it if possible. But at this point, I’m considering every option because I’m getting fed up. I’d appreciate any insights or recommendations on the next steps I should take.

Thank you all for your help!

Best,
Jc

---

Feel free to modify anything you’d like! View attachment IMG_0709.jpeg

Bobo

3000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Beautiful Durango!
Welcome.
I can't help you, sadly

OP
Z
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT
Thread Starter #3
Thanks!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Usually a dealership won't replace a piece unless there are error codes indicating as such. What error codes do you have on the writeup?

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
Its a common problem with the Durango. It can only be 1 of 3 things for christs sake smh. Its either a leak in the refrigerant, compressor issue or climate control issue.

If ur truck has been there a month I can assure they are NOT working on it at all! Go get ur truck and bring it somewhere else. Dealerships are like any business some are good some suck balls.

Theyre stupid. If they dont see a code it just gets parked and they get to it when they have some free time cause heaven forbid they have to actually chase a problem that the scanner isnt indicating.

Bring it to a local performance shop fuk that dealer bro! Cmon..... What u think they are the only ones that can fix ur truck who gives a ratts ass about a warranty when ur truck has been there a fuking month! There are other options bro exercise them!

OP
Z
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT
Thread Starter #6
Not
Usually a dealership won't replace a piece unless there are error codes indicating as such. What error codes do you have on the writeup?
sure what codes they were able to get. But it shouldn’t take that long regardless. They are able to see that it is not working but they don’t know what causes it. Engineer came twice and they can’t figure it out.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Just curious, was it not working at all, and now it’s just not as cold. Or was the complaint that it was just always not as cold as you’d expect from a car?

Do you have any temps of what it’s actually outputting now?

OP
Z
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT
Thread Starter #8
Yes, actually he stopped working one afternoon and when I took it to the dealership, they kept the car for 10 days told me it was working perfectly. I got in my car and it’s warm so I called the same guy in. He got his thermometer and we checked on a regular car next to mine what was coming out was at 49° and my car showed 89° so I’ looked at him and said after 10 days he takes me two seconds to see that it’s still not working and you guys told me was working anyway you get the point I I’ve been so frustrated

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Lemon

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Hmm, so sounds like blower or compressor was broke, they replaced that, but probably screwed something up upon reinstall. My next step would’ve been to pressure check the lines. If something was leaking though, there should’ve been some noticeable compressor oil somewhere…presuming they had put enough compressor oil in and recharged the system properly.

Taking it to a good, independent shop, might cost you some bucks though. Any thoughts on taking it to another dealer; perhaps with a better reputation? A/C shouldn’t be rocket science, been then again so many electrical crap these days…

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
Assuming it isn’t leaking, and assuming they installed the compressor correctly, could be the blend door or the compressor isn’t seeing demand from the controls.
The blend door would mean that you’re getting warm air from the heater core instead of cold air from the other side. The door is stuck or not being told to move by the controller. Should be easy enough to diagnose.
When the compressor sees a demand for AC it’ll click when the clutch engages and you may see a minor uptick in idle RPM, also the fans will turn on - even if the engine is cold. If it isn’t clicking ON it’s either not seeing demand or it’s not seeing pressure in the system.